The PhLAM laboratory was born in January 1998 from the fusion of the Laboratory of Hertzian Spectroscopy (LSH) and the Laboratory of Molecular and Photonic Dynamics (LDMP).
- Jean-Michel ROBBE: Director of the LDMP (1992-1998) then PhLAM Director (2000-2006),
- Marc DOUAY: Director of PhLAM (since 2015),
- Bruno MACKE: Director of the LSH (1984-1992),
- Joël SCHAMPS: Director of the LDMP (1978-1992),
- Georges WLODARCZAK: Director of PhLAM (2006-2015).
- Pierre GLORIEUX (1947-2013): Director of the LSH (1992-1998) then director of PhLAM during its creation (1998-2000).